COUNTRY FUN

an early education learning space ~ where play equals learning

Booking Across the USA

| 15 Comments

Booking Across the USA button and link

Country Fun is participating in Booking Across the USA hosted by Growing Book by Book. Each participant was to chose a book that represented their state and share an activity developed around the book. We will be sharing books and extensions for both Maine and Arkansas. These posts will both be found at Country Fun Book Files (the speciality blog all about books we use as part of the program), as well as the complete listing of all 50 states under their individual state flags.

———–
Maine has a wonderful history of authors and illustrators who have been involved in the production of quality children’s literature past and present. We also have a wonderful statewide program  Read With ME that provides the opportunity for every kindergartener in the state to receive a free book. The program’s aim is to support the improvement of literacy and reading skills among Maine’s students. Each year the chosen book includes literacy information including activity pages and a resource of literacy outreach contacts. To be selected a book must by written or illustrated by a resident of Maine and there is a commitment to also make personal appearances at a variety of locations throughout the year.

Books Selected for Read With ME. 1999-2011

One Morning in Maine (Robert McCloskey) –1999

Blueberries for Sal (Robert McCloskey)

Little Beaver and the Echo (Amy MacDonald)

Pigs in the Mud (Lynn Plourde)

Saturday Night at the Dinosaur Stomp (Scott Nash)

Down to the Sea with Mr. Magee (Chris Van Dusen)

Schoolyard Rhymes (Melissa Sweet)

Shape Capers (Cathryn Falwell)

The Cat at Night (Dahlov Ipcar)

A Place to Sleep (Holly Meade)

The Circus Ship (Chris Van Dusen)

The Very Best Bed (Rebekah Raye) — 2011

15 Comments

1. Renee, I love Smilebox. I use enough to justify it’s reasonable membership. So many templates, easy to use and share almost any way you can imagine.

2. Lovely craft! I also LOVE blueberries for Sal :) Just pinned it too! xx m

3. Pingback: Booking Across the USA Highlights and GIVEAWAY #2

4. I love when you discover authors from your area! What a neat idea. I featured you today on my blog. Thank you for participating in the Booking Across the USA project.

5. Pingback: Booking Across the USA – New Mexico | Enchanted Homeschooling Mom